Sunday, November 27, 2011

3.6 - Family

Marion’s been spending every day at the Sabo house. He may as well just live there, if he wasn’t always acting so awkward around the house. He doesn’t like staying in the house alone, so Malinda invites him to come along when she goes to visit her grandchildren.



Ronnie Dawn von Hagen. WHY IS HE SO HOT? <3




And Dahlia Dawn von Hagen. Is it just me or do Dahlia and Ronnie actually look like siblings? 




It took a while, but Malinda eventually did remember the name of Tacia’s father. Cho agreed that a meeting needed to be arranged, but she can’t hide her discomfort when Tacia and Marion meet for the first time.




They talk of trivial things at first until Tacia mentions her mother. 
“I remember Cynthia... we went to school together. She was always very... forward. Who did she end up being with?” 
Tacia swallows nervously. “U-um... we think its you.”
“How do you figure?”
She shrugs. “Malinda says Cynthia told her your name once. And Cynthia’d constantly groan that I got my father’s hair instead of his bright yellow eyes. And you’re the first man I’ve ever seen with bright yellow eyes.”




He sighs. “If you inherited your father’s hair then you must be my daughter. I’d recognize that shade anywhere. Not to say my father’s genetics aren’t common in this town... but just looking at you, I know who you are.”




“Suck it old man. Turns out your grandkids are MY grandkids.”




David’s painting skills always capture Watcher’s interest. He really is quite good. 
(Also: Random shot of the one wall in Malinda’s room that catches her personality yet never makes it into screenshots)




Yuki isn’t so sure she’s got what it takes to be a single mother, but she is doing her best. 




At least David is always willing to help with Barkubus. 




Because Nadi and Marion would rather play video games together then lift a finger to help around the house (Okay not true. Nadi cooks, and Marion has the neat trait. But let Watcher whine).




Fabio has no love for reading until Yuki brings out the art books. The images in them catch his interest instantly. 




Cho’s been voted to local representative and throws a party to celebrate. Malinda is so proud of her baby girl.




Fabio meets his cousin Dahlia for the first time. 




And Arthur finally realizes that he’s just never going to be able to rid himself of Marie’s family.




Yuki’s getting some guitar practice in by the diner when Martin and his youngest daughter (Sharonda) come by. She drops everything to talk to him. There’s an opening for Band Manager and she wants it. Due to her maternity leave Bryce is now making more than her, but if she got that promotion instead of him...




“Well in all honesty I was going to offer it to you anyway, Yuki. You’re quite the rising star, and the band would love to have you as their manager. I’ll finish up the paper work after dropping this lil one off at home. See you at work tonight?”
“You got it, Martin. Tell Addie I said hi.”




Unfortunately Martin isn’t the only one who sees her at work that night. At least Bryce waits until after their shift is over to corner her. 
She tries to brush past him when his back is turned but then she hears the soft notes of his tune. The same one that never fails to keep her near him.




His cocky smirk bugs her. She wants to slap it off but she can’t bring herself to raise her hand. Instead: “Please don’t try and take Fabio from me. I won’t tell Sam anything, I swear, just please stop scaring me like this. It’s too much for me.”




Bryce pauses, studying her face carefully before speaking. “I want to see him. It doesn’t have to be often, but I want him to know he has a father who cares for him.” 
“His birthday is tomorrow. It was just going to be a small family thing. You should be there.”
He nods. “Okay, then I... I won’t ask for custody.”




She can’t hide the relief from her face, and it makes Bryce smile. “Honestly it was hard to even think about doing that to you. I mean, I can’t even think about how it would be to lose Reynaldo, and you’ve been doing such a good job with our son.”




She likes the way he uses the word ‘our’. “I’m just doing the best I can. It’s hard but he’s such a good boy. I can’t wait for you to meet him.”
“Neither can I.”




He moves closer, letting go of her hands. Not that Yuki’d even noticed he’d grabbed them in the first place. “What I’ve missed most is you.”
She feels her heart leap from his words. “Oh Bryce I’ve missed you too...”




They move together at the same time, each craving the other’s taste.




“I want you.” He breathes, still holding her close.
She smiles and motions towards the dark theatre behind them. “I’ve got my own office now... shall we?”
“We shall.”



---

*Sigh* Oh Yuki... 

...

...

SO MANY BABIES IN THIS TOWN. I swear I have my avg # of children per family set to 2 but the real average is more like 4. Its crazy. But then again... makes for a lot of friends and lovers for my spares and heirs (Although I've already picked Fabio's future spouse).


By "Actually look like siblings" I'm talking about the fact that Dahlia and Ronnie actually look more similar to each other than to their parents. Unlike all the other children I've ever had in my legacy families.

4 comments:

  1. Never mind Yuki needing some sense smacked into her, I think Bryce needs to get some serious comeuppance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not diggin' Bryce at all. What a putz! And that's pretty ballsy kissing Yuki outside on the street where anyone (as in his WIFE or her SISTER) could see. Sheesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor sam. I want to hug her forever.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit Yuki. MUST.RESIST.

    I'm glad Bryce isn't going to contest Yuki's custody; but he still deserves a nice, big kick in the pants... the baby maker? Or does that apply more to women? *shrug* My point still stands.

    ReplyDelete