Tuesday, December 20, 2011

4.6 - Just Another Lie

The next couple of days pass, and Raindrop’s convinced he got away with the one-time affair. 



Alas... he isn’t lucky enough for that. 
“You dumbass, Rain! You knocked me up! You are SO lucky my husband is still out of town! Otherwise we’d both be dead!”




“Okay well we can-”
“Don’t even!” She interrupts. “It’s too late to abort so I’m going to have this baby. And then I am going to call and you are going to take this curse away from me. I don’t care what you do with it, I just don’t want my marriage destroyed because someone forgot to wear a rubber.”




“Goddamit Ana, what about MY marriage?”
“Do I look like I care? Anyway, I’ll see you at work... maybe we’ll be lucky and have to raid the criminal warehouse tonight. I hear their new leader is big news. Some chick with purple hair or something.”




With a sigh, Raindrop grabs his phone and calls his boss. Obviously Ana won’t be taking a bullet for him anytime soon, and he’d rather be unemployed then dead by friendly fire.




Once home he finds the twins in bed, and Sky out in the backyard watching the stars. He decides to join her. 




“So uh... I need to talk to you about something.”
“Hm?”
“A friend from work... a close one. She’s having a baby that she can’t raise. Do you think it would be okay for us to adopt it? I can’t stand the idea of her just giving the baby up to foster care or something like that.”
She smiles at him, squeezing his hand softly. “I think thats a great idea. The twins age up tomorrow so we can give them the spare room and keep the nursery for the new baby.”




Crisis averted.




In the early morning Raindrop gets a call from a complete stranger. She wants to meet him at the local park and against his better judgement he goes. 
She has purple hair. “So Mr. Sabo. I understand you’re in need of a job...”




“Hey baby girl, so your daddy went from decorated police officer to a decoy for the queen of evil herself... do you still love me?”




Sky doesn’t know about her husband’s new career. Not that Raindrop’s even considered telling her. He’s kept so much from her already; one more secret won’t hurt.



The twins have their birthday.




Jacob becomes a child. (Neat trait)




And so does Jessica. (Good trait)




They share a love for the outdoors and spend the remainder of their birthday fishing on the beach across the street from their house. 




Later they retire to their room and play with blocks. They’re not quite attached at the hip, but they are close. Sky’s just happy to see neither seems to have taken after their father personality wise.




Just past midnight that same day Raindrop gets the call he was hoping would miraculously never come.




Sky senses the hint of sprite in baby Clark, but surely she’s mistaken. There’s only one sprite in the city, and Raindrop would never cheat on her... right?




---


< / 3 Sky.


Clark is friggin adorable as he ages up. He's already a child in game (almost a teen) and I ADORE him.

8 comments:

  1. A morally ambiguous Adamaris? Yes please. ;)

    I'm amping myself for when Sky - hopefully - confronts Raindrop (albeit, scared as well).

    The Sky/Rainy spawn are beautiful and I can't wait to see Clark grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Mar-mar won't be having as big a role in the story as I originally wanted because her part was right smack in the middle of my CC hair woes... and she did NOT look right to me without that pigtail-fro. She is still mentioned though, and I've just pollinated her with a Chad-baby so I can't wait for that <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Totally fine. I'm just glad to see her - even for small glances.

    Also, Chad/Mar babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “A friend from work... a close one. She’s having a baby that she can’t raise. Do you think it would be okay for us to adopt it? I can’t stand the idea of her just giving the baby up to foster care or something like that.”

    Raindrop, you sly dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those kids have such a sad look on their faces! But they look so cute!

    As for rain, I hope his eyes gets forced open very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sky is such doormat. She needs to open her eyes and grow a pair.
    It's sad because as a bondmate, she knows him, so she must be deliberately blinding herself to the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad bad Raindrop, surely Sky can see through his lies? She can see his soul after all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cece, stop hurting sky! Or I shall have to intervene

    ReplyDelete