Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6.5 - Please Come Home

Mackenzie returns home alone and life goes on as it was. Just now without Derrick to occupy her evenings.



She did bring back a few souveniers. 




The most interesting of which is a glowing green gem that quickly grows in size.




At first Kenzie chalks up her nausea to carrying the strange gem in her pocket while on the plane, but quickly realizes that’s not the case.




FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge.




Quickly it becomes apparent that her fears are correct. She’s pregnant, and her husband is on the other side of the world.




Luckily she manages to get in touch with him while he’s out in the marketplace (and thus has cell service).

Unluckily, he isn’t in any rush home. “I feel really close to a breakthrough, Kenzie. There’s just so much information in these texts and I’m the first to compile them all! I just need to go take a look at the hieroglyphs in that fire tomb we visited together and maybe I’ll finally be able to connect the dots.”
“Well... you’ll be here for our baby’s birth, right?”
He’s silent for a moment. “I’ll try, okay? No promises.”





The twins are good friends. 




Like her father, Madrid is quiet and tends to keep to herself. 




Unlike both her parents she’s a natural born genius and her grandmother tries to nurture that budding mind with a variety of educational toys (like a highly volatile chem lab).




Kenzie thought she was being good at hiding her belly bump. But apparently not as well as she’d assumed cause:
“So when were you planning on telling me and your mother about the baby?”




“Oh, well, y’know. It’s still early. I guess it just slipped my mind or something. It’s no big deal.”
“And does Derrick know?”
“Uh... yes. He’s trying his hardest to make it back here for the birth but his research has him very busy. Discovering the cure to the mummy’s curse is a big deal.”




“So is the birth of his first child.” Jacob shoots back, trying to hide his disgust towards his newest son in law. What kind of man just leaves his wife for work right after their honeymoon?




Anyway, its time for Jacob’s birthday.




Yeah this’ll do.




Kenzie has a craving for baked alaska and the  Bistro makes the best in town. However once there she runs into an old friend who makes her lose her appetite. 




He eyes up her belly and with a sigh she offers him a feel. “It’s my husband’s.” She explains, as if Brandon even had a right to know. 
“Right.” He mutters, smiling as he feels the baby kick. “Where is Derrick anyway? I haven’t seen him since the kids’ birthday party.”
“He’s uh... he’s in Egypt still.”




“Still in Egypt? Does he even know about the baby?”
“Yes he does!” Kenzie practically yells at him before lowering her voice. “I made a mistake with you, and I’m not repeating it.”
“I wasn’t trying to say you did anything wrong.” Brandon tells her. “I was just a little surprised that he isn’t here with you if he knew about the baby. I mean, not marrying you was the hardest decision I ever made, but at least I’m a part of our children’s lives. And I’m here for you, if you ever need me. I hope you realize that.”




“Whatever, okay?” Kenzie mutters, growing irritated by his words. “Derrick isn’t doing anything wrong. He’s just trying to make a name for himself and I don’t want to stand in his way. I love him and he loves me, and he’ll be home when he can.”
“Kenzie I’m not trying to say-”
“Just stop it, Brandon. The kids will be at your place tomorrow for their visit, and I won’t be. Please don’t come near me anymore. I don’t need you.”




Baby’s coming, Derrick isn’t here. Kenzie suddenly wishes she’d kept talking to Brandon for just a little longer. Then at least she’d have someone’s hand to hold.




Finally... say hello to Baby Paris. 



---

...

BITCHES MY CURSE IS OVER. WOO!

Paris traits: Genius and Loner 


Also: A new batch of updates are up!

7 comments:

  1. GOODBYE, TWIN CURSE.

    I am excited to see how baby Paris grows up if she is as asdfghjkl as you say. o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name! I'm happy she was a single birth too :) Stupid Derrick missing the birth of his baby, what is he thinking? And where is that picture you promised all of us if we got the picture of Megan? HMM?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derrick doesn't know what he's missing! Bloody hell boy, get your act together!

    And Yay for paris!! I'm sad she's not twins :P double the crist genes in your legacy hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a single birth for once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo for not having twins at last!

    Derrick is an idiot not to even come home for the birth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on breaking the curse. A thing to celebrate indeed.

    I can't wait to see toddler Paris!

    ReplyDelete