Wednesday, February 15, 2012

7.7 - Never Wanna Say Goodbye

Ever since their date, Teddy and Uvie have been inseparable. 



And despite Teddy’s best efforts to keep things “proper” between them...




Its kind of hard to say no when a girl asks you to spend the night in her room. 




Very. Very hard to say no. So he quickly gives up. 




Despite being on medication, sometimes Uvie’s mind falls into a state where she can’t tell what’s real or imagined. 




Teddy’s always hated the fact that he can use his vampire abilities to influence minds, but when it comes to Uvie, he’s never been so thankful to have it. He can always pull her out of her insane spells and bring her back to reality. He doesn’t want to change her, but he never wants to see her hurt herself. 




And apparently Uvie appreciates what he does to her if her kisses are any indication.




Paris finally found Vance’s old notes. Including the note he slipped into them. 
“So you couldn’t have just handed them to me when I get here, eh?”




Vance almost can’t help but burst out in laughter. “Paris I’m an immortal. I’ve been here for generations and honestly I need to make my own amusement sometimes. Besides, no harm no foul. Tell me what you’ve learned.”




“I was missing the exposure principle that my sister taught me when I was copying her Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. Plutonium, tiberium and marsium. I have tiberium at home on display and I can get plutonium through easy means. Marsium on the other hand I’ve never even heard of.”




Vance smiles to himself. “Thats because the last sample of Marsium was in our laboratory and was completely destroyed during the attack. But your cure will still work for Teddy. Marpium’s resonance was a very... important element in my young again potion.”
“So without the Marsium, the potion should still work?”
“Well, assuming you’re smart enough to have gotten everything else right.” 
Paris decides she doesn’t really like her extended family. She wants to go home now.




Telling Teddy that her research is done turns out to be a lot harder than she thought it would be. Especially when she looks into his sad puppy dog eyes and feels her heart breaking. 




“Can’t you just pretend you’re not done? Maybe double check everything a few more times? I don’t want to go home yet!”




“Teddy I’m sorry but we can’t stay here forever. I miss my house and my family and its not fair to your aunt and uncle. I know you like Uvie but-”
“I don’t like Uvie. I love her.”
Paris doesn’t know what to say. Teddy’s never used that word before.




“I think I’m going to do it.”
“Do what?” 

He doesn’t say anything else, but the goofy look on his face is all the answer she really needs. 




When Teddy asks to speak with her alone, Uvie knows this can only mean one thing. 
“You’re leaving, aren’t you.”
“I have to. This isn’t my home.”




She moves into his arms, kissing him softly. “I’m going to miss you, Theodore.”
As they break apart momentarily he sees his chance. “This doesn’t really have to be a goodbye.”




“What do you mean?”




He can’t hide his smile. “I mean I want you to come back to Meadow Glenn with me...”




“... as my fiance.” 




For a while Uvie has no answer.




But once she finds her voice, her answer is a positive one. 




And Teddy couldn’t be happier. 



---

Seeee? I write happy stuff sometimes

8 comments:

  1. Eeee! Yay! Uvie is adorable <3

    I'd totally pull a Vance if I was immortal too, just troll with everyone I knew to get [i]some[/i] amusement out of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAY! Uvie is so crazy, I love her though. I'm so happy for Teddy and I'm glad he finally found the right girl....even if it isn't with Paris. =]

    Lol, I agree with Maddie. I'd totally be trolling everyday just to amuse myself in my very long years. Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you found a way to make his mind control sound positive!! :D LOVE IT!

    And yes, your chapter is happy, but seriously cece, its also sad that you have him propose while we all know it won't happen!

    ROFL at vance btw :D I love the face Paris pulled on him when she said she didn't like the other end of the family :D And Teddy just begging her to stay a bit longer "I dont want to go home..." sounds like my daughter when I pick her up from a playdate lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to doing something he doesn't want to do, Teddy will ALWAYS have the mentality of a spoiled 5 year old. (at least in my head)

    Vance was my favourite triplet. I think he spoke ONE time before the eve of prom night. XD aaah... I'll miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *squee!!* So adorable. I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan though. Somewhere there's a downside, I can just feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I am so happy for Uvie. Her and Teddy seem so perfect together! And I will ignore Giga and Klevkin because I don't want anything to get bad. Nooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Uvie & Teddy are so cute together

    *deliberately ignores single with help roll*

    ReplyDelete